|created by Jenn at jennwellsdesign.com|
We now have a goodreads group too. It's in its infancy, and Jenn at Optimization, Actually has been kind enough to join me as a moderator to help organize it. Just trying to create enough options for those who want to participate can in the easiest medium for them to do so.
Book Challenge by Erin 6.0
· First and foremost, have fun. Don't stress. No one is being judged, graded, or penalized. Even if you finish only one book the entire challenge, if you enjoy it and it's an accomplishment for you, then that's awesome.
· The challenge will run from JANUARY 1, 2017 to APRIL 30, 2017. No books that are started before 12 a.m. on January 1 or finished after 11:59 p.m. on April 30 will count. (We live in different time zones – follow this according to your own time zone.)
· Each book must be at least 200 pages long. Audio books are fine too.
· A book can only be used for one category, and each category can only be completed once. If you want to switch the category of a book, or change the book you originally chose, no worries.
· You can read your books in any order you choose.
· Rereads can be used only once. If a book you love fits into a category, go ahead and visit it again. Read it in its entirety. But, only do this once for the challenge.
· There will be a photo album for each category with links to books chosen. Please comment on the photo for each of your books when you finish reading them. A comment can include a review, a rating, a recommendation…other readers want to hear what you thought of your choice. (if you need help with this, let me know…or there is a file attached to our group explaining what to do.)
· There will be 10 book categories with a possibility of earning 200 points. That’s 10 books in four months. For some of you, this will be a BIG challenge; for others it will be easy peasy. It’s all for fun, remember!
· Book categories will be posted December 1st to give you time to gather books in preparation.
· After the categories are posted, please post a preliminary list with books of your choice according to their categories on the facebook group page by December 15th (if possible). If you need help with a particular category or want a book suggestion, we as a community of reading enthusiasts can help each other. (Late entries will still be accepted.)
· The first three people who finish the challenge will be invited to contribute a category for the next challenge. The following will get a small prize from me (1st to complete 1st round; 1st to complete both rounds; most points accumulated; and WILD CARD random draw – all who finish the 10 book challenge will qualify as an entry)! If the same person wins all categories, then I’ll move to the 2nd finisher, then 3rd, and so on. Plus, everyone who completes the challenge will gets all sorts of recognition and support!
· Lastly, have fun. Don't stress. No one is being judged, graded, or penalized. Even if you finish only one book the entire challenge, if you enjoy it and it's an accomplishment for you, then that's awesome. Wait, I’ve read that somewhere before…Good luck!
Book Challenge by Erin 6.0 - Categories
· 5 points: Freebie – Read a book that is at least 200 pages.
· 10 points: Read a book that starts with the letter “W”.
· 10 points: Read a book with six words in the title.
· 15 points: Read a book that has a (mostly) green cover.
· 20 points: Read a book with a homonym in the title (inspired by the book Rain Reign by Ann M. Martin that I read last challenge with a character who is obsessed with homonyms.) Helpful link: https://www.cooper.com/alan/homonym_list.html
· 20 points: (Submitted by Linda) Read a book by your favorite author.
· 25 points: (Submitted by Christina) Read a book set in the city/town/state/territory/county/province where you live. To help with books set in certain U.S. states, this link should help: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1152882-where-we-ve-been-master-list To help with international locations, try with this list: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1152745-where-we-ve-been-previous-years-master-list
· 30 points: (Submitted by Peggy) Read a “Rory Gilmore” book. The character of Rory from the Gilmore Girls was shown reading over 300 different books throughout the series. Choose one of them from this helpful link: https://www.buzzfeed.com/krystieyandoli/all-339-books-referenced-in-gilmore-girls
· 30 points: (Submitted by Stef) Read a book from a genre that you’ve never read (or rarely read.)
· 35 points: (Submitted by Ferne) Read a book with time travel. Helpful link: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/4018.The_Best_Time_Travel_Books_of_All_Time
If you are stuck on any of these categories, ask for help or recommendations! GOOD LUCK!
|Goodreads links to books I read in previous challenges:
Join us, won't you.............