Wednesday, May 28, 2014

"Summer Book Challenge"

I like books!  I like lists!  I like challenges (sometimes)!  I like summer (but, it is winter here in Australia)!  So, I'm going to join this Semi-Charmed Summer 2014 Book Challenge.  I'm late to the party because it started May 1st, but I was reading May 1st, so I can do this!


Drum roll please................because here's my list:

5 points: Freebie! Read any book that is at least 200 pages long.
Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
10 points: Read a book that was written before you were born.
For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway
10 points: Finish reading a book you couldn't finish the first time around.
A History of Prostitution by George Ryley Scott
10 points: Read a book from the children’s section of the library or bookstore.
I want to revisit one I remember to be a childhood favorite - either The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett or Where the Red fern Grows by Wilson Rawls
15 points: Read a book that is on The New York Times' Best Sellers List when you begin reading it.
Field of Prey by John Sandford
15 points: Read a historical fiction book that does not take place in Europe.
  The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Philipp Sendker [set in the Burma]
15 points: Read a book another blogger has already read for the challenge.
Pending.............
20 points: Read a book with “son(s),” “daughter(s)” or “child(ren)” in the title.
The Son by Jo Nesbo
20 points: Read a book that was/will be adapted to film in 2014.
Trash by Andy Mulligan
25 points: Read a book written by a blogger.
Pending....................
25 points: Read a biography, autobiography or memoir.
Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis
30 points: Read a pair of books with antonyms in the titles.
Talking to Girls about Duran Duran: One Young Man's Quest for Love and a Cooler Haircut by Rob Sheffield and Dirty Rocker Boys by Bobbie Brown, Caroline Ryder

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I enjoy our interactions. I respond via email, but if you're a "no reply blogger", I can't. Don't think I'm ignoring you!