Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Movie Questionnaire

I've been in a blogging slump.  Some of it is a timing and scheduling factor.  But, all too often, when I sit down to write, I'm just not focused or inspired or articulate.  So, I will keep sharing lists, link-ups, and questionnaires (like the one below that I stole from my friend's facebook page) until I can work that shizznit out:

most hated movie of all-time: Zoolander
movie i think is overrated: People like what they like, and I don't want to criticize that...but, for me, personally, I tried watching one of the Lord of the Rings on 3 separate occasions and fell asleep every time.
movie i think is underrated:  ??
movie i love: Almost Famous
movie i secretly love: If I love a movie, I don't keep it a secret.
favorite action movie: Independence Day
favorite drama: Good Will Hunting
favorite horror: Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween
favorite comedy: Step Brothers
favorite disney movie: The Fox and the Hound
favorite sci-fi movie: Guardians of the Galaxy
favorite animated movie: Since I listed The Fox and the Hound for "Disney", I'll say Big Hero 6 for this.
favorite superhero movie: The Avengers (2012)
favorite musical: Moulin Rouge
favorite western: Tombstone
favorite martial arts: The Karate Kid (because, let's be honest, I can't think of any other "martial arts" film that I've seen and enjoyed)
favorite indie: I think Dazed and Confused was an indie when it was released.  I'm not so good with my knowledge of what's an indie film.
favorite bad movie: Grease 2
childhood favorite: The Outsiders
favorite franchise: Marvel
best trilogy:  The Godfather
guilty pleasure: Urban Cowboy (the guilt comes from the fact that I cheer for a guy who commits domestic violence and adultery)

favorite director:  Stephen Spielberg

*The next 2 have stumped me more than any other question...I just really don't have "a" favorite
*favorite actor:  Morgan Freeman, Jared Leto (he's not just a pretty face), Robert Downey Jr.
*favorite actress:  Kate Winslet, Nicole Kidman, Helen Mirren (really, I just want to be her when I grow up)
favorite foreign film:  City of God
favorite movie this year so far: Lion
worst movie so far this year:  I think Batman v. Superman was last year, but oh well.
movie i have seen recently: watched Sing last night
what i thought of it: it's adorable
most anticipated film of this year: Guardians of the Galaxy 2
favorite movie of all-time: Love Actually


Pick 4 of the above "favorites" and tell me yours...

30 comments:

  1. I haven't seen a single one of this year's movies yet so I couldn't pick a favourite even if I wanted to. Haha.

    I think "Clue" is underrated. More people need to watch Clue. EVERYBODY needs to watch Clue in fact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Outsiders was a good one! Marvel definitely makes enjoyable films!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah what a great list! i love dazed and confused. classic. and jared leto is def not just a pretty face! almost famous, good will hunting, oh so many! fun post girly

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guardians of the Galaxy is the greatest :) I will always hate The Fox and the Hound (sorry!), but now I really, really, really need to see Lion!

    I agree with Bev about Clue!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved The Outsiders so much as a kid, too, and haven't thought about this movie in ages. I wonder if it lives up to my memory?

    Almost Famous is fantastic. And so is Good Will Hunting which I watched again recently. That movie has so many memorable quotes/moments, and of course, Robin <3

    What a fun post! Yes to the person who mentioned Clue above--that is an incredible film I could watch on repeat, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this. I need to do a similar list, I think that would be a fun post, so I'll be maybe doing something like this soon, thanks for the idea! I love Good Will Hunting - my husband and I went on our first date to see that movie so it's always been special to me <3
    Beth
    http://www.thebethnextdoor.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I crack up every time I watch Step Brothers. Especially the part when he threatens to put his balls on his drum set. My brother has a drum set and he said he'd kill any one of us if we touched it. So we would always say crap like that "I'm putting boogers on the symbols."...he was the baby out of five.
    Also Love Actually is my favs too. Sighhheeeee...just love that one with my everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Completely agree on Zoolander, I can't stand it. It's just not funny. I fell asleep numerous times during Lord of the Rings too, the first one. But then the rest are actually really good. The first is just SLOW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guardians of the Galaxy was seriously so good! I fought my husband tooth and nail about watching it, and I was so glad that I finally did! I can't wait for the new one to come out either!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm your huckleberry. :D Love Tombstone! I agree with so many of your choices. I cannot wait for Guardians of the Galaxy 2. It looks great and I'm a little embarrassed by how much I love Baby Groot. I am very pleased to see Big Hero 6 as your favorite animated film. It gets overlooked and it's really good. I'm definitely going to borrow this idea for a future post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these posts! So many great movies on your list! I have to admit I haven't seen a bunch of these movies. I am so sheltered lol. I know I need to change that and get watching!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Step Brothers as well, but I don't think it's my favorite comedy. And musical is between Moulin Rouge (just so beautifully done!) and Rent. I still need to see Lion and Guardians of the Galaxy! 4 others...
    worst movie so far this year: last year, but I just saw it last week- Manchester by the Sea
    favorite bad movie: Joe Dirt (I have no idea why- I just love it)
    most anticipated film of this year: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (12/15/17)
    favorite movie of all-time: Love Actually :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always said, I feel like me & you could have a movie marathon & be in total agreement on which movies to pick :)
    PS - I've been in a blogging slump myself. What's happening?!!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never seen Lord of the Rings and don't care too.Oh and I love Urban Cowboy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Outsiders was a really good movie. We haven't watched Sing yet...did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Step Brothers has to be in the top 5 most quoted movies in our house. I love Morgan Freeman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i'm not surprised by any of these. :] i'm proud to be able to say that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw, Fox and the Hound, Love Actually, The Outsiders. I love all of these. For me, I love Life as a House (that would be indie), A Question of Love (foreign film - French), plus many more.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  19. Guardians of the Galaxy is such a fun movie!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun questionnaire! I love reading posts like these and getting to know bloggers better! Hope you have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh I love Grease 2 as well, but I often find that a lot of people haven't seen it??

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh man, you broke my LOTR loving heart. but i understand. i went through a crazy LOTR obsession phase, complete with tattoo on the back of my neck. so i love the movies, though of course i love the books more.
    aw love actually <3 love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love it. I LOVE LOTR. I struggle to understand why people wouldn't like it... I won't judge. :P I've actually been re watching the first Hobbit a lot. I just love those dwarves, lol. Moulin Rouge is great. Guardians is another one I love. I don't usually get into sci fi or space movies too much, but it's such a blast.Love Actually. :) :) :) As for indie movies... I can't help but love Garden State the most. I really like Danny Deckchair for foreign films. I know it's kind of silly but it's a favorite. XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  24. movie i love: Catch & Release
    favorite disney movie: Hercules
    favorite animated movie: Inside Out
    (I'm sure you realize that I picked these 2 so I could list out 2 Disney movies, which was WAY more difficult than I expected it to be...)
    movie i think is overrated: Superhero anything (Marvel, DC, etc). I'm not saying they are bad, but I'm just meh on them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Favorite musical movie - either Rent or Rock of Ages
    Favorite horror - ol' girl here does not do horror....
    Favorite bad movie - possibly Desperately Seeking Susan
    Best trilogy - Back to the Future

    PS I don't get the Lord of the Rings thing either... I gave it an honest shot, but just not happening.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hmmm. I guess I missed the DV scene in Urban Cowboy. As for the adultery, they were on a break.

    Favorite action movie: Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Favorite comedy: Annie Hall
    Favorite franchise: James Bond
    Guilty pleasure: Whip It

    ReplyDelete
  27. Upon further review, I've decided it's a koala. Kangaroos have tails. Anyway, hope you're feeling better. The book's quite entertaining. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've have something like this in my drafts. I'm with you on so many of these. Grease 2, Moulin Rogue, Almost Famous, Love Actually! I don't think I've ever seen Rob Zombie's Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stealing this!

    But to follow the rules, here are 4 of mine:

    Favorite trilogy: the OG Star Wars movies
    Most overrated: Citizen Kane
    Favorite actor: my love for Tom Cruise runs deep
    Favorite foreign film: Les Diaboliques (France, 1950-something)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I enjoy our interactions. I respond via email, but if you're a "no reply blogger", I can't. Don't think I'm ignoring you!