Friday, November 8, 2013

Thoughts # 3 - The 'Burbs

It's official - I'm moving to the 'burbs!  Neil and I are moving to Blair Athol which is a suburb 57 km (35 miles) southwest of downtown Sydney.  The house is pretty nice for a lease house.  The finishings aren't fantastic, but it's a lease house.  It's a 5 bedroom 3 bathroom house - there's 1 bedroom and bathroom with a shower downstairs and the rest is upstairs.  Best of all - it has a walk-in closet, air conditioning!, a spa bath, a dog run with a dog house, plus a paved area in the backyard with a pergola.  Heck, I'm even excited to have a linen closet!  You know I'm not the cleanest girl in the world...when I don't have space or room to put things in place, like towels in a linen closet, it only encourages my messiness!  So...space is good. 




The biggest changes...(which are two big changes)...are the commute, gaining a 15 year old (Chelsea, Neil's daughter) and 73 year old (Graham, Neil's father) as housemates, and the change itself.  Graham is taking the bedroom downstairs which is by far the smallest.  So, we'll have our space upstairs.  There's conceivably 3 different living rooms - so every one can have their own little corners if need be.  I'm happy that Chelsea will be living with us.  She's a cool kid that I can relate to.  I've been a 15 year old girl, and although it was a long time ago, I still remember a lot of things from that time.  The commute - currently, I can walk to work.  With the move, I'll be on a train for over an hour.  I'm viewing this as reading time. The change - well, I haven't lived in a house since I was 17 years old.  I've been apartment living and mostly urban dwelling since that time.  So, it's a big change for me...but I have decided that I'm ready for the change.

We've definitely been busting at the seams in our current apartment.  It's a one bedroom.  It's small.  You can barely turn around in the kitchen or the bathroom.  All that being said, it was a place where I experienced a tremendous amount of self-growth.  For this, I will always be fond of the place and hold a special place in my heart for it.  And, damn...I'm going to miss the view.  My bedroom window looks at the Sydney Harbour Bridge.  It's difficult to beat this view........ 


i'll miss Kirribilli, but it's time for a new adventure.  Now...for the dreaded act of packing, moving, and unpacking.  UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I enjoy our interactions. I respond via email, but if you're a "no reply blogger", I can't. Don't think I'm ignoring you!