Linking up with the ladies who love to spread positivity: Lindsay & Krysten for Ten Things That Made Me Happy This Week:
1. The absolute most important piece of news and happiness this week is this: I have been very fortunate to have two loving, intelligent, supportive stepmothers in my life. We lost one to cancer in 2003. This week, my stepmom had a mastectomy and reconstruction to remove that evil bitch breast cancer who showed up (uninvited) for the second time in Helen's life. The surgeons both gave wonderful reports, Helen was a star, all the cancer was removed, it had not spread into her lymph nodes, and she is on the (painful) road to recovery. Thanks to any and all of you who expressed your well wishes, sent messages, prayers, and positivity to my family this week. It was very difficult to be so far from home during a time like this, but I am thrilled with the results!
2. This week was Veteran's Day in America and Remembrance Day in Australia...both very important days to recognize the men and women who have done more for both of my countries than I have.
3. Sally & Dolly, the Destructive Duo, celebrated their two-year old birthday with some special treats from the butcher and a meal that Neil cooked for them that we call "doggie stew".
4. I'm getting prepared for Book Challenge by Erin 4.0. It doesn't even start until 2016. I am surprisingly organized when it comes to something that fuels my passion for books. And, book challenges make me happy.
For more information, check out the page at the top of the blog...or here: Book Challenge by Erin
5. Vodaphone, an Australian telecommunications company, is offering a mobile phone package that includes FREE calls to the USA! That came in awfully handy when I was checking in with my dad and brother for updates on my stepmom.
6. Sticker chats on viber that only my mom and I share with each other.
7. Super duper nice customers - I don't want to jinx it, but we've had some lovely customers visit us this week.
8. Care packages...sending them makes me happy...receiving them makes me happy...the world needs more care packages.
9. Sending the winner from my previous book challenge her prize.
10. Glittery nail polish
What's made you happy this week?