Linking up with the ladies who love to spread positivity: Lindsay & Krysten for Ten Things That Made Me Happy This Week:
2. A little
vanity self-care this week including getting my nails painted sparkly blue and my hair refreshed with its purpley-pink ombre.
3. My guy calling me "gorgeous" on facebook (we usually aren't that overly mushy on social media forums).
4. While waiting at a pedestrian crosswalk in the city, I saw a city employee using an industrial-sized vacuum-type machine that cleans the sidewalks; a man in a business suit came up to him, shook his hand, said "Happy Christmas", and tucked a $50 bill in his shirt pocket.
5. Rum balls are offered during the holiday season at a local patisserie, and they are fan-freaking-tastic!
6. Blogger buddies sending some extra sweet messages to me during the Thanksgiving holiday.
7. This picture...yes, I posted it to other social media forums, so you may have already seen it...but it was one of my very bestest friend's birthday this week. She lives in Italy, I live in Australia; our lives have taken both of us far from our Texas home. But, this picture (from Daytona Beach, Florida taken 20 years ago-yikes!) brought so many wonderful memories back to my mind. She's one that I know no matter the distance, no matter the time that passes, we will always share a bond, a love, and a friendship.
8. During my sadness and being homesick while missing Thanksgiving with the family, I was reminded that I have family who loves me, misses me, are healthy, and a fantastic group of people. I'm more fortunate than many, and I'm happy for it.
10. My guy organizing a Thanksgiving celebration for me this coming weekend. More on that next week :) Just seeing him put effort into planning and prepping makes me happy.
What made you happy this week?