Saturday, May 16, 2015

Sunday's Seven Snapshots, Canada Edition

Brooke has the philosophy that "Everyday is an adventure"; I love that.  She blogs about her home, life, and adventures in beautiful Canada.  Not too long ago, I told her that Nova Scotia was never on my radar to visit.  After all the breathtaking photos she shares, I SO want to go.

Hi everyone! I'm Brooke and I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia with my boyfriend and our dog, but we haven't always called the East Coast home. At the end of 2013, we decided to completely uproot our lives from the Canadian Prairies and go back to school. Over the course of a couple months, we quit our jobs, rented out our house, sold the majority of our possessions, and made the 4,000km drive to Halifax, Nova Scotia. To be honest, I didn't know a lot about Halifax before our move, but I couldn't be happier with our decision. Nova Scotia is an incredibly scenic province that has reignited my love for the great outdoors. Over the past 1.5 years of living here, I've been lucky to go on many great adventures, and today I'm going to share with you seven of my favorite snapshots taken around this beautiful province.

1. On top of the world at Duncan's Cove! This is one of my favorite coastal hikes. The terrain is rugged and barren and you can hike forever along the coast while the waves crash against the rocks and granite cliffs next to you. Good shoes are mandatory! Duncan's Cove Nova Scotia - Brooke Meagan Jones

2. The Bay of Fundy is known for having the highest tides in the world, but it should also be known for beautiful sunsets. We caught this one on a recent cabin getaway. I had to eat my supper in about 30 seconds and sprint to the beach to get this picture, but it was well worth the upset stomach! Sunset Bay of Fundy Nova Scotia

3. Crystal Crescent Beach is one of the most popular beaches in the area. If you're feeling adventurous, it also has one of the best coastal hikes that makes for a full day of fun. My boyfriend has never seen a big rock that he didn't want to climb. Crystal Crescent Beach Nova Scotia

4. Peggy's Cove is probably one of the most famous attractions in the area. It's not just a lighthouse though. The little village is very quintessential East Coast. Peggy's Cove Nova Scotia

5. Lawrencetown Beach is one of my favorite places because it's where all the surfers hang out. I'm not one of them, but I want to be. Fortunately, you don't have to be a surfer to enjoy the view with your dog. Lawrencetown Beach Nova Scotia

6. Last summer we drove the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton for the first time. It is an incredibly scenic drive with plenty of hikes and places to stop along the way. Apparently, it is even more spectacular in the fall. Cabot Trail Cape Breton

7. I had to include this picture as proof that it's not always cold here! We actually get plenty of beautiful weather even though our recent winter would have you think otherwise. This was taken last summer at Lawrencetown Beach. Lawrencetown Beach - Brooke Meagan Jones   Have you ever visited Nova Scotia?

Who wants to go visit Brooke in Nova Scotia with me?!?  

2 comments:

  1. Brooke is awesome isn't she?? And she's funny! :)
    The photographs she takes are beautiful. I've been to New Brunswick but not to Nova Scotia but it's up there in my top ten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, now I want to visit Nova Scotia as well. Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I enjoy our interactions. I respond via email, but if you're a "no reply blogger", I can't. Don't think I'm ignoring you!