That's why, when I read the following prompt from Alyssa, I knew I had something to write about:
"A blog post (or a list of post topics) you want to write but have yet to hit "publish" on"
Here's a sample of current posts of mine sitting in draft:
- 5 strangers that make my day better - Steph wrote this post ages ago, and it inspired me. It inspired me enough to create a draft, but I never actually listed or wrote about those people.
- Still adjusting - The idea of this post is to discuss my life as an expat and some of the things that have taken me awhile to adjust to this life in another country.
- Who's That Guy vol.3 - I intended this to be a series about my guy. I wrote two posts and then abandoned it from there. Oops.
- The Boy - For his birthday, I had great intentions to write a sweet post about my stepson, his likes and dislikes, and the things that make our relationship special. His birthday came and went. I know, I don't need it to be a birthday to write this post.
- Women born in 1973 - Speaking of birthdays, I have a couple of posts I intended to write during my birthday week. Didn't happen. This was one of them.
- 1973 Happenings - this was another birthday post that didn't get published.
- Friday Favorites: Beauty Edition - I don't really do Friday Favorites anymore. I'm terrible with weekly link-ups.
- Rockers done good - This post is about those rock'n'roll idols that use their celebrity status for good causes. This one is pretty much done. I'll have to look at it again to see why it's not published yet.
- Repeat offender - This post is about the fact that there are so many wonderful places to explore in this great big world, but I have repeatedly visited some of the same vacation spots over and over again.
- Sisterhood of the World Bloggers - This is one of those "tags" that I received from another blogger with a question & answer attached to it. Time passed, and I hadn't posted it. I questioned "did too much time pass?"
- Tour packages - a look at past concerts tours that I've seen and the bands that were packaged together; a self-indulgent post that will probably not get many views, and it hasn't been finalized because I keep feeling like I'm forgetting bands/tours.
- Australian vs. American English vol.3 - vol.1 and vol.2 were popular posts, why not a 3rd?
- Things about me - Yep, clever title for a post, huh? Even better...all that's written in draft is "I love naps."
- I confess these things annoy me - pretty self-explanatory
- Lyrics - I have compiled a whole list of lyrics that have been meaningful to me throughout my life. This one may get massaged into another post for Alyssa's link-up.
- Blogger Love vol.9 - I always have one of these in draft. Do I use it often enough? No.
- Trends I've loved and trends I've hated - This is a fun one. I just need to dig out some old pictures of me showing off those trends that I loved.
- Playlist: Songs from the year I graduated high school - I planned to post this last May while many graduations were being held. Obviously, that post didn't happen.
- More serious talk - Every now and then, I tackle a difficult topic and express my opinions. This one is about legalized prostitution.
- Do you remember when? - Rachel posted this clever and fun walk down memory lane for someone who enjoys traveling with others. I plan to
steal itborrow it.
Linking with Alyssa: