Friday Link Up Hosts: Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird, Lindsay @ The Flynnigans and Charlotte @ My Pixie Blog
I am WAY overdue for this link-up. I love the concept. I used to participate somewhat regularly. Then, I dropped the ball and never picked it back up. Well, here I am again to share 10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week.
- Blogger love, support, and encouragement after some personal posts about some uncomfortable topics
- Even more support, encouragement, and assistance from a former high school teacher of mine and another close friend: I submitted a "letter to the editor"; first time for that; and without their help or support, I wouldn't have been brave enough to do it. Now...let's see if it gets published.
- Blogger buddy surprise gift: This is not my regular choice of book, but after so many raving reviews, I was ready to put myself on the waitlist at the library for this one...only to discover Sydney didn't have it! I vented to Kristen at See You in a Porridge (a former Sydneysider and The Royal We lover). Lo and behold, look what arrived the very next week!
- Calling the husband in tears over something rather insignificant, and him taking the time to talk to me until I calmed down and was feeling better (and not making me feel silly about it.)
- My mother and I conversing with Viber "stickers"
- My aunt sending me a random "thinking of you ~ I love you" message while she was cutting green (spring) onions; random/weird fact about me: I could eat a whole bunch of green onions dipped in green goddess salad dressing in one sitting. My breath may stank, but I'd luurrve it.
- I host a book challenge through a facebook group (Book Challenge by Erin); as my fourth installment of this challenge is drawing to a close, I have the most people to ever complete the challenge! Hooray for books!
- Speaking of books, I'm co-hosting another bookish challenge in June, and we are getting some enthusiastic responses already! If you're a booklover, take a look at our: Read My Books challenge.
- A cookie monster donut from Doughnut Time
- No, his loss didn't make me happy...but I have many happy memories of Mr. Prince Rogers Nelson; I made my university dance team performing to a medley of Prince songs including "Baby I'm a Star", slow dancing in junior high to "Purple Rain" with a boy that I had a major crush on, dancing at my mom's 60th birthday party with my female family members to "Kiss", learning more about sex from "Gett Off", "Pussy Control", and "Darling Nikki" than any sex ed class taught me, dancing in the aisles at a concert in Houston where black, white, brown, yellow, it just didn't matter, watching the greatest Super Bowl halftime performance that has ever been seen...and more.
Rest in Peace Your Purple Highness
Tell me, what are some things that made you happy this week?