I'm a self-professed book challenge junkie, right? Needless to say, I've be organizing my Aussie Author Challenge 2016 list before the challenge was even announced. Well, it's HERE!
I'm pretty sure I've got Kristen roped in for it this year. Any other book lovers want to join us? You only have to commit to reading and reviewing 3 books (for the minimum level). That's not asking too much, is it?
Here's the info (or click on the picture/link to take you directly to the site):
Read on to decide which challenge level suits you and how you can get involved.
Read and review 3 titles written by Australian authors, of which at least 1 of those authors are female, at least 1 of those authors are male, and at least 1 of those authors are new to you; Fiction or non-fiction, any genre.
WALLAROO Read and review 6 titles written by Australian authors, of which at least 2 of those authors are female, at least 2 of those authors are male, and at least 2 of those authors are new to you; Fiction or non-fiction, at least 2 genre.
Read and review 12 titles written by Australian Authors of which at least 4 of those authors are female, at least 4 of those authors are male, and at least 4 of those authors are new to you; Fiction or non-fiction, at least 3 genre.
How to Join:
1. Tell the world you are committing to this challenge and at what level – you can do that either on your own website, facebook or google+, or any other form of social media that will allow you to convey your feelings about each book after reading them. In that commitment provide a link to this page and display the Aussie Author Challenge 2016 badge to show your support for the initiative. Then register for the challenge by adding a link to your challenge commitment using the Registration Linky below.
2. Each time you read and review a book please provide a link back to this challenge page. Then add a link to that review to the Aussie Book Reviews Linky below.
3. When you have completed this challenge tell the world about the acheivement, and submit a link to that completion announcement via the Challenge Completion Linky below.
When sharing your reviews via twitter, or more generally discussing this challenge, use the hashtag #aussieauthor. If you ever have any difficulties using the form below don’t hesitate to email me at bookwordlover@.
Resources you may find useful:
- Links to around 1000 reviews of titles by Aussie Authors written by participants of the 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and Aussie Author Challenge 2015
- Australian literary award winners: Miles Franklin Award, The Age Book of the Year, Prime Minister’s Literary Award, Patrick White Award, Ned Kelly Awards, The Stella Prize, Aurealis Awards
- People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
- What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
- The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
- Rabbit-Proof Fence by Doris Pilkington (non-fiction)
- Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey
- Life or Death by Michael Robotham
- Praise by Andrew McGahan
- Guilt by Matthew Nable
Authors New to Me:
- Past the Shallows by Favel Parrett
- This House of Grief by Helen Garner (non-fiction)
- Thornwood House by Anna Romer
- The Street Sweeper by Elliot Perlman
Have you read any of these? What did you think? Did you know the author is Australian?