People have mixed feelings, and there are mixed reviews about Ricky Gervais. I confess: I'm a fan. Is he irreverent and tastless? Often, yes. But, I enjoy it, and I ain't gonna feel ashamed that I do. #noshame #iwouldratherdrinkwithmelgibsonoverbillcosbytoo
Some would say Amy Schumer is tasteless for dropping the big C bomb on live tv. I say she's fearless. #moveoverjlaw #iwanttobeherbff
I have Mondays off. The telecast for an awards show that is held on Sunday (L.A. time) airs live in Australia on Monday morning/afternoon. Australia doesn't have the delay/edit feature on tv shows...plus, they don't edit as much out of shows anyway. So...can I tell you how much fun it was to live tweet with blogger buddies and be able to report the things that were getting edited in the U.S. live show?!? So much fun. (Thanks Kerri, Kati, Dani, and others!) #whatthefuckdoessugartitsevenmean
The first presenters were Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum. Their bit didn't go over so well, but Channing Tatum's comb-over was worth a good laugh. And, Jonah Hill said "honey is fucking delicious". A truer statement has never been said (at the Golden Globes).
Out of all the choices that are offered to celebrities, I am baffled by what some choose to wear. #imlookingatyouguilianarancic #thoseshoulderpadsareawful
This made me laugh:
I have stated on many occasions that I love pockets in dresses. I'm not the only one. Jenna Dewan Tatum had pockets, as did Amy Schumer, Gina from a Virgin show, and Jamie Alexander. #everydressshouldhavepockets
Why were Katy Perry and Tom Ford at tables right in the front? Aren't there other actors/actresses (not a singer and a designer) that are more deserving of that front row spot at this particular awards ceremony? Maybe if Lady Gaga was there, she wouldn't have bumped Leo's chair, and we wouldn't have this gif.....
No disrespect to the ladies this year, but my best dressed is a man. He presented an award standing next to JLo, and he outshined her. Not many could pull off this look and look this good, but Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson can. #thepeopleschamp #ismellwhathescookin
Random quick confessions from my Golden Globes viewing...I confess:
- I've never found Leonardo Dicaprio attractive. Still don't.
- I have no interest in "The Revenant".
- I've never found Orlando Bloom attractive, but when he presented an award, he was lookin' F-I-N-E. Maybe I needed him to grow up a little.
- My teenage heart (as well as others) was thrilled for Christian Slater to win an award.
- Denzel is a badass. He needs no last name.
- I got booknerd giddy when both authors Emma Donoghue (Room) and Andy Weir (The Martian) got shout-outs. #booknerdsunite
- I thought JLo and her boytoy broke up.
- Mustard yellow looks terrible on her. I don't care what any fashion guru has to say. Or maybe it's the cape. I don't know. I just don't like it at all. I wanted something different than sheer sequins, but I didn't want this.
- I am indifferent about "Cookie"/Taraji. I don't watch Empire, so I just don't "get" her.
- As many implied, "The Martian" in the comedy/musical category is a stretch, but I'm still happy the movie & Matt Damon won awards. No matter how they cheated to win.
- Brad Pitt and Ryan Gosling were adorable. As if they wouldn't be.
- Except, Ryan Gosling looked like he stole a tuxedo from the waitstaff's wardrobe.
- Eva Longoria and America Ferrera were hilarious too.
- I think Jon Hamm and Sylvester Stallone are fans (clients) of Hair Club for Men #sysperlingeatyourheartout.
- I don't just want to be Helen Mirren when I grow up. I want to be Helen Mirren now. That woman is fabulous!
Did you watch the Golden Globes? Got any confessions about them?
Wednesday link-ups with Laura & Lauren, Alanna & Sarah, and Nadine & Kathy: