Friday, January 13, 2017

Aussie Author Challenge 2016 completion

 Yea, yea, yea.  2016 is over.  But, I forgot to post when I completed the Aussie Author Challenge, and it didn't happen unless I blog about it, right? 

Out of the books I read this year, the two I'd recommend the most are Resurrection Bay by Emma Viskic and The Natural Way of Things by Charlotte Wood.

The authors that I will continue reading: Michael Robotham, Geraldine Brooks, Emma Viskic, Liane Moriarty, and I am willing to give a couple of others another try.

Goodreads shelf for reviews and ratings.

And, I know in a previous post I mentioned that I was going to shorten my list of book challenges this year, but this one isn't getting cut.  I've thoroughly enjoyed exploring, discovering, reading, supporting, and championing the Aussie authors, so here's my post for the 2017 challenge, in case you missed it.

http://bookloverbookreviews.com/reading-challenges/aussie-author-challenge-2016

It's the 7th year for the Aussie Author Challenge, and my 2nd year participating (click on the picture/link to take you directly to the site for more information).  My completed book list is as follows:

Female Authors:

Male Authors:

Authors New to Me:

5 comments:

  1. wow! you kicked butt in the challenge! My reading fell by the wayside in November and December but I've been inhaling the Red Rising series and am on the last book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun challenge for you living in Australia! I feel like this could be a good one if you made it like "A Female Author Challenge" or something like that, too! (Obviously the male author category would need changed. Lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! This is a fun challenge idea. :) I want to read some Geraldine Brooks so badly. She was recently in my city in September, but I wasn't able to hear her speak. :( I can't remember... is The Dry by an Australian?! I won it in a giveaway on goodreads and I can't wait to read it! :) XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seems like such a great way to explore Aussie authors. I never really think much about where authors are from but I should make more of an effort to read authors from other countries. You can really get a better sense of their culture, which is really important these days.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I enjoy our interactions. I respond via email, but if you're a "no reply blogger", I can't. Don't think I'm ignoring you!