Sunday, January 8, 2017

Sunday's Seven Snapshots vol.105

I'm making an effort to get myself up, out and about, spend time outside, because I do like the outdoors.  I like them a lot.  And, when I unexpectedly stumble upon these type of fun stairs while exploring a new walk, that's just a bonus.

I knew this was coming.  I commented on a picture of Megan and her fiancĂ© (y'all know she got engaged, right?!?!?) about a shirt he was wearing.  This shirt.  Megan picked it up after Christmas for me and sent it to me.  Big smiles.  Blogger buddies are the best!  Is it December yet, so I can start wearing this?

Friday, we met up with some friends in town from New Zealand.  Many margaritas and much sangria was had as well as great conversation and hearty laughs.

Speaking of getting out and about...my guy and I jumped on the laptop this morning to look for a hike/bush walk that seemed doable for us that aren't in the greatest of shape.  Pretty scenery helps encourage me to get moving so I can see sites like this waterfall.  See those tiny people above it?  We walked all the way over to that spot.

We hiked, walked over rocky surfaces, through ferns and trees, and climbed up and down stairs to some magnificent look-outs.

Plus, we cooled off by putting our feet in the waterfalls and natural spring water.

Now, I'm trying to catch up, little by little, on my blog reading. I've got good company while I'm doing it. 

Hope you've had a great start to 2017!

12 comments:

  1. That water looks so relaxing. I'm enjoying our snow day, but I would not mind a nice summer hike and cool water. And margaritas and sangria are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That t-shirt is amazing!

    It's so funny seeing your bright sunny photos when we have snow on the ground over here in Switzerland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's so cool she sent you that t-shirt - too cute! love the pics from your hike with the mister - looks beyond gorgeous! and the kitties + laptop - that's my life too haha. happy start to the week!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your hiking pictures! Activities like that are always so appealing until I get halfway into them... Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The views from the hike look gorgeous! And love that Ricky and Astro are helping their Mama read. :D I also love it when I find hidden treasures like those steps too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww hello kitty! Those stairs are so fun and I love the santa shirt! What a fun mail surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you're getting outside and being more active! I need to start doing more of that this year too, and I'd like to think that I'd be even more active if I had pretty waterfalls to visit in Houston!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Santa shirt is amazing!!! We hiked in the Blue Mountains during orientation when I studied abroad and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That walk looks great! I am a big fan of waterfalls, especially ones you can paddle in. And I do appreciate the painted stairs.

    I wish I had a cat to sit near me whilst I blog read :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww that last picture is my favourite <3 i never have 2 cats on me at once lol. that sounds awful. the hike looks fun and the views are gorgeous. and i say wear the santa shirt now! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, still catching up like crazy on all of the blog reading. Not to mention the posts I missed writing while I was Christmasing. hehe I've been really craving summer, which is so strange since I am a big fan of winter. Of course KS is on a roll with it's insane weather weeks, highs of 58 F and then snow all in the same week. WHAT?! Just the weirdest. Point being... Outdoor adventures and feet in streams sounds great! I would love to get outside more this year.. I'm just not nature-y by nature. Perhaps if I make more of an effort. :) Cat cuddles are the best! XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wouldn't judge if you wear that shirt during AUS winter, since it correlates with American Christmas weather. ;)

    Teh German has been advocating for a mountain adventure lately and I think I'm going to acquiesce his request just so I can go landscape viewing.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I enjoy our interactions. I respond via email, but if you're a "no reply blogger", I can't. Don't think I'm ignoring you!