Sunday, January 22, 2017

Sunday's Seven Snapshots vol.107


Y'all hear me talk about Book Challenge by Erin quite a bit...well, another reason that this group is fantastic is the idea that Megan presented to our group ~ a book exchange!  If a reader is in search of a particular book, and another reader has a copy of the book (and they are willing to give it up), that book goes to its new home for free.  Just the recipient is responsible for cost of postage.  Bev in Switzerland and I are exchanging books (as seen in this photo...she gets an Aussie bookmark too!)  If you are interested in books that I have on offer, check out the list in our goodreads group.  You don't have to be a challenge participant to request a book from me. 

It was raging hot again earlier this week, so there were more indoor doggie naps with doggie snuggles.

What's going on in this picture?  Well, if you've ever gotten inked, you probably recognize this look.

The results!  My dad married my 1st stepmom when I was 16, and sadly, fourteen years later, she was taken from us after a courageous battle against brain cancer.  They had a big cactus on their back patio of their lakehouse...a very special place to them...a special place for all of us.  The only time I ever saw a flower actually bloom on that cactus was last visit to see her before she passed away. 

Then...I got sick...in case you missed my update on instagram...I went to the doctor expecting strep or tonsillitis based on the nasty activity going on in my throat.  Instead, the doctor sees a fever, my throat, and swollen glands and diagnoses me with glandular fever (which I later learned is a fancy way to say "mono" in Australia.)  No blood test was done, so no confirmation of that diagnosis, but needless to say, I've pretty much been in bed the rest of the week.  Luckily, I have sweet cuddle partners to keep me company.

They know that mama is sick.  These boys barely left my side the rest of the week.

Even though Ricky is our most mischievous, he can be awfully sweet and cuddly when he wants.

I'm on the mend (I think), so hopefully I'll be back to normal in the next day or so!  Hope you've had a fabulous week!

12 comments:

  1. You always have the best reasons/meanings behind your tattoos.
    Glad you're on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, feel better soon! My mom and K were both down with the flu this week. Mom's doggy Buckeye wouldn't even leave her side to go potty. I had to coax him outside with treats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kinda feel like a genius, not gonna lie.
    Sickness is the pits.. and so is oppressive summer heat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so sorry you're sick! awful. but i love how the pets always know when we need them to snuggle just a bit more :) i love love the new ink! oh what an amazing tribute and memory.

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, feel better!!! I will go through my books this week and add them to the Goodreads group! I LOVE your tattoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you are not feeling well! But I am glad you have nurse Ricky and Astro to take care of you! People always claim that cats aren't affectionate, which is so not true. You have to earn it but once you do, they love you forever. The new tattoo is a gorgeous tribute to your stepmom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you're on the mend Erin and feeling better than you have been. XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad that you're hopefully on the mend, and hopefully you'll be feeling better very soon! I've never had mono, but I can only imagine how tired you are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you feel better soon! Being sick is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cool meaning behind that tatoo! Inside doggie snuggles are my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are feeling better now! Love the tattoo and the idea behind it. Very sweet memory. I just listed my list for your challenge. I need to get into the groups. I've been totally overcome by our move.. that I've barely been doing anything else! XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  12. i had no idea that flowers did bloom on a cactus. very interesting, and i love the tattoo and meaning.
    i hope you're feeling better now! it's no joke. it knocked me out for weeks when i was a teenager.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I enjoy our interactions. I respond via email, but if you're a "no reply blogger", I can't. Don't think I'm ignoring you!