Tuesday, March 17, 2015

List # 24 - St. Patrick's Day Randomness

jenn (she likes lower case), my friend over at quirky pickings has a feature that she calls "random quarter" that includes a list of 25 random thoughts floating around in her mind at the time.  I'm feeling pretty random today, so here I go with my own St.Patrick's Day edition:
  1. It's St. Patrick's Day, and I forgot to wear green.  
  2. I'm wearing OPI's 'Green on The Runway' on my nails.  That counts for wearing green today.
    Photo source
  3. If you look up "Erin" (my name) in Webster's dictionary, it's definition is "ireland - a poetic name".
  4. When I was a kid, I thought it was pretty cool that may name was in the dictionary.
  5. My birth certificate says that I was born with red hair and blue eyes.  
  6. I have a lot of freckles.
  7. I like my freckles and don't try to cover them up with make-up.
  8. I like make-up, and I'm not scared to wear green eyeshadow when I feel like it.
  9. With those bits of information, you'd assume my heritage is Irish...but both grandmothers did genealogy research and both sides are from England.  
  10.  To my recollection, my grandmothers mostly studied their own families' genealogies, so maybe there's some Irish from my grandfathers?
  11. I've been to Dublin and drank a Guinness at the Guinness factory.
  12. I also visited an Irish castle - Malahide Castle.
  13. I recommend visiting the Kilmainham Gaol for anyone who visits Dublin.
  14. My favorite Irish actor is Jonathan Rhys Myers.   
    Photo source
    13. My favorite Irish author is Declan Hughes.  He writes a detective series of books based in Dublin.
  15. Mint chocolate chip was once my favorite flavor of ice cream.
  16. U2's "With or Without You" is a brilliant song that has stood the test of time.
  17. U2's The Joshua Tree was released in 1987.  That makes it 28 years old.  That is a difficult fact to swallow. 
  18. I've flown Ryanair (Ireland's airline) once - from Dublin to Nice.
  19. Smithwick's is my favorite Irish beer.
  20. I miss Kenneally's - I'd happily go for some Irish nachos, a pizza, and a beer from Kenneally's right now.  
  21. I participated in the St. Patrick's Day parade in Houston for a few years as a volunteer with the Make-A-Wish float.
  22. I need to watch The Commitments again.  I remember watching it a long time ago and thinking it was fantastic.  I think I'd enjoy it even more now.
  23. Speaking of fantastic, I saw Glen Hansard perform at the Sydney Opera House...and that was beyond fantastic.  I got goosebumps more times than I could count.
  24. I've seen the Republic of Ireland National Football (Soccer) team play a friendly against Colombia.
  25. I won't be drinking green beer today.  Have one for me!

8 comments:

  1. thanks for the shoutout, erin. LOVE the polish. so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like I have some more books to check out now. Irish crime sounds good to me! I will watch lots of Moone Boy tonight, favorite Irish show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I have Irish, hence my name Erin. I'm a big melting pot though so it's pretty diluted Irish.

    I didn't celebrate, but we did put on Irish accents in the office much to the amusement of my Irish coworker.

    I love the colour green, but I don't tend to wear it because I have blue eyes (and actually I only tend to wear black and denim!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. with or without you is a fabulous song! and i kinda dig jonathan rhys myres too. will have to make sure we go to Kilmainham Gaol when we go to dublin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, I want to go to Ireland so bad!! So lucky! Have a good St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ireland is on my list of places to go before I'm 40. I hope that happens.

    I have brown eyes so I can rock some green eye shadow. And sometimes I do.

    Jonathan Rhys Meyers is definitely attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love The Commitments! I'm black, and I'm proud.

    I've been to Ireland. MFD lived there for a few months too. We're heading back there next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been forever since I've been to ireland! I want to go back! I love that nail polish!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I enjoy our interactions. I respond via email, but if you're a "no reply blogger", I can't. Don't think I'm ignoring you!