Thursday, September 22, 2016

Stuff and Things: the Emmys edition

I like awards shows, but I prefer to record them and fast forward through parts that are boring to me.  As I type this, I've yet to watch the Emmys, but I've read some articles and looked at pictures.  I'll share some "stuff and things". 

When I share my thoughts about fashion, I try to only share the positives.  There are plenty of places telling you about what looks were wrong or misses.  I like to share what I perceive are hits.  Sadly, there weren't many (any) looks that really WOW-ed me.

But.  I can't look past this.  Claire Danes has walked many red carpets.  I'm going to assume she has a seasoned stylist as well.  How in the world did this orange glow, bad fake tan happen? 
Photo source
If I was attending an awards show and had to sit for hours and hours, I'd choose a dress like this.  How comfortable does this look?  Once again, Tina Fey proving that she is smarter than most.
Photo source
Yes, these looks remind me a little of 1980s prom, and I'm sure that fashion gurus will disagree, but I think it is adorable that he wore a matching bow tie to Viola's dress.
Photo source
Speaking of fashion gurus, I adore this purple velvet jacket on Brad from E!'s Fashion Police.
Photo source
I can't decide if I love or hate this dress Kristen Bell is wearing.  It's fun and whimsical, and I like fun and whimsical.  What do you think?
Photo source
Hey, Tom Hiddleston.  How ya doin'? 
Photo source
Don't you just love Hollywood couples that seem like somewhat normal people who have fun together and enjoy each other?  That's my impression of Felicity Huffman and William H. Macy.
Photo source
My favorite picture from the Emmys.  Yes, he is a working actor on a popular comedy series, but he's still a kid.  Love this pic of Rico Rodriguez from Modern Family.

Do you watch awards shows? 


Linking up with  Kristin & Joey

18 comments:

  1. Love the purple velvet jacket!

    At a wedding I went to in August Jan chose his tie to match my dress. Actually, he was only going to wear a similar coloured one but he forgot to pack it so we had to buy a tie in the morning and he chose one that was a pretty much perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kristen Bell's dress and I wish I could have one to swish around the house in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't seen Brad's purple jacket yet, but I love it! I enjoy when men take fashion risks. Totally agree about William H. Macy and Felicity Huffman too. As for Kristen Bell, I loved her dress when I saw from the waist up, but when I saw the whole thing I wasn't as amped. I think if it was just tulle or very light embroidery, I would've loved it - rather than the whole thing being very over embroidered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not sure about Kristen Bell's dress, either, but I'm leaning towards the loving it side. It is definitely whimsical, and at least she went for it. I'm with you on Tina Fey's dress being the best choice if I were going to wear a dress to the Emmy's. So simple and pretty and you don't have to worry about being too strapped in or something falling out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Kristin Bell's dress. I think it suits her & her personality.
    Tina Fey - that is perfection. That color green is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't decide on Kristen Bell either, but it's certainly whimsical and if ever there was a place to wear it, the Emmys would be it! Love the matching bow tie, and of course Tina Fey, though a necklace may have glammed it up a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what Claire Danes's stylist was thinking either. Orange is only a good look on a oompa loompas. I like Kristen's dress, although I'm not entirely in love with the pattern on the dress but it suits her. You almost made me spit out my coffee with the how ya doing Tom Hiddleston comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't even know the Emmy's were on until they were almost over and I happened to be on Twitter lol. I love Tina's look and I think I am leaning towards love on Kristin Bell's look too. It is fun and just sort of suits her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tina Fey's dress = my MOH dress almost. I wore it first. NBD.
    I LOVE Bell's dress! The print is delightful.. Too bad it doesn't really have a top, otherwise I'd want a knock off.
    Tom Hiddleston, yuuuuuuuuummmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, I did love Kristin Bell's dress--it really is whimsical. And THANK YOU for pointing out Claire Danes' weird tan! I thought I was the only one who noticed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't watch award shows usually, but I love seeing posts like this after! Haha. So that tan is bad, but I LOVE Claire Danes's dress! And Tina Fey's is super great too. I also love Kristen Bell's dress, that's my answer! I always forget Felicity Huffman and William H. Macy are married, but I love both of them. I also think that it's a GOOD thing when you forget a Hollywood couple are together, because it means they're out of the gossip/tabloids BS. Now if THAT Hollywood marriage ended, I'd be sad! That picture of Rico Rodriguez is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I use to watch award shows all the time but they all seem to be the same. I usually pay attention most to the CMA's.

    Stopping by from the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kristen Bell's hair is amazing in that picture. #goals

    I used to watch awards shows all the time. I haven't lately though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maybe that gold in the dress brings out the tan (orange) skin even more...? I don't know. On anyone else, I'd dislike Kristen's dress. On her it works perfectly :) I just love Macy's arm around Huffman. You can just tell it's not staged and he genuinely loves holding his lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I record award shows, too, because I hate having to watch speeches from people I've never heard of from shows/movies I've never heard of! Haha I LOVED Tina Fey's dress! And I think the pattern on Kristen Bell's dress is what bothers me, but the cut is fantastic! She looks great in it! (Stopping by from the link up!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I went for years, decades really, and never watched any. I would just google the winners the morning after. In the last 2-3 years, however, I've started watching the Oscars and the Tony's, but that's about it.

    Kristen Bell's dress - I think she pulled it off well. Other actresses wouldn't be able to.
    The purple tux jacket - I LIKE! But, then again, I do have a purple problem!
    Actors who seem like everyday schmoes like us - I like them, too. (My favorite celeb couple who seem so down to earth are Kristen Bell and her husband Dax)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tina Fey is so fabulous.
    i agree about celebrity couples who seem so 'normal' and fun. Felicity Huffman and William H. Macy definitely, and Kevin Bacon & Kyra Sedgwick are my faves.
    I love Claire Danes but seriously. She looks like Ross in that one episode.
    I think Kristen Bell looked fabulous! i mean, on one hand i'm like YES GIRL LOVE THAT DRESS and on the other hand i'm like is she going for fairy queen or something? i don't get it. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I enjoy our interactions. I respond via email, but if you're a "no reply blogger", I can't. Don't think I'm ignoring you!