- I can foresee me not being able to blog as often for a little while (which is no big deal), but I still want to stay connected, and this is a perfect way to do it.
- The few times that I participated previously, I spelled Kristin's name incorrectly. Now, I can redeem myself.
- I like random posts. I like to read them, and I like to write them. Since there are NO rules to this link-up, I get to read/write about random things - woo hoo!
And, away we go with my randomness for the week.............
- Immigratin' ain't easy. Just sayin'. I don't want to vent and complain because it is all a part of moving to and living in another country.
- Warning: this rant may not matter to you unless you are a Bon Jovi fan. Australia has their own version of the Today show. This week, they interviewed Richie Sambora because his RSO project with Orianthi is coming to Australia later this month for some gigs. The Today show decided to advertise that they had a "Bon Jovi" announcement and played "Blaze of Glory" in the background. Uhm. Hello. Richie ain't in Bon Jovi anymore (not being nasty, just stating truth). This was no Bon Jovi announcement. It was an "RSO" announcement. And, Blaze of Glory isn't even a "Bon Jovi" song. It is a Jon Bon Jovi solo release. It features Jeff Beck on guitar. I know, I know. I'm getting quite specific here, but can't the tv producers do a *little* more fact-checking before advertising this? Hell, Richie may have even wanted his promo to be about his new project with his new music, and not some song that Jon wrote and recorded without him.
- In the news of another ex-college athlete that commits rape (I originally wrote about the story January 2015), here's some proof that there are indeed judges with some sense (I missed this story during the Brock Turner furor): Ex-Vanderbilt football player Corey Batey sentenced to 15 years in prison for raping unconscious woman with his teammates. Fifteen years is a helluva lot more than 6 months. A step in the right direction. Thank you, Judge Monte Watkins.
- The Living End is a beloved Australian power pop-rock-punk band that formed in 1994. They've got a new song that I'm sure there are some purists who may not be fans because it sounds a lot like it could come from the Goo Goo Dolls...but, I love it...maybe that's because I love the Goo Goo Dolls?
Happy Thursday everyone!