Thursday, September 1, 2016

What's New With You (or me)

Howdy friends!  Sneaking in a quick second to give a "What's New With Me" update.  As some of you know, my husband and I own a small business - a fine  jewellery store.  He's the jeweller, designer, watchmaker, and all-around big boss man.  His 75 year old father still works 4 days a week doing watch repairs and restorations.  I am sales, marketing, social media, and the face on the front line.  After months and months of deep discussions, we made a BIG announcement yesterday.  This went out as a blast on our facebook and to our customer data base:

ANNOUNCEMENT! 
To all of our much valued clients and supporters,
After almost 12 years in North Sydney, the time has come for a new venture. Pola Jewellers have made the decision to close shop when our lease expires in December 2016. We have come to know so many of you as friends, and we have loved having the opportunity to work with all of you over the years.
Starting Wednesday, the 31st of August (today!), we will be slashing prices on all of our stock. We have a lot of items to move, and it is a perfect opportunity for anyone who wants fine quality jewellery at a ridiculously low price. Hurry in because stock won't last long.
We would love to see each and every one of you before we go, if for nothing else than to have a chat and let you know what the future holds. Pop in, have a look, and say hello.
Looking forward to seeing all of you,
Neil, Graham, and Erin Pola
P.S. Neil and Erin will be starting a new and exciting business venture early next year, and we will update you as those plans fall into place.

Here's our shop...................

We have received an overwhelming amount of response, support, and sales.  The last two days have been busier than Christmas Eve sales. 

Yesterday, when we left the store (4 hours after closing!), I said "I didn't even get to read any blogs or do book challenge stuff today!"  Neil's response......well, really, it doesn't need to be repeated.  He just doesn't understand why blog & book challenge stuff is so important, well, during business hours at least.  haha!

And, we have A LOT more designs and stock to get manufactured and into the windows.  I've been organizing all of the gemstones we own, and Neil and I have been working together on designs for him to create.  You know, in his spare time. 

So, I may be a little absent from my usual blogger interaction.  I enjoy this space and many of the relationships I've developed, so I won't be totally absent.  Just not around everyday as much as usual.  You understand.  I know you do.  In fact, I feel stupid for even writing this paragraph.  Moving on.

Hey - want to see some pretty sparkly things?  Check us out:  http://www.polajewellers.com/

Linking up with Kristen and Gretchen:
What's New With You


That's what's new with me!  What's new with you??



25 comments:

  1. just wild - no wonder you've been so busy! but i am really excited to hear about what your next adventure is! glad to hear you've been busy at work too bc hey, well, it's important :) we'll be here when you return!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, you do your thing! When I saw the announcement on FB yesterday I was like, "Oh no! I hope everything's ok!" I'm glad you guys are diving into a new venture! So exciting! I can't wait to hear about it!!
    Now to convince the husband that I need a new ring.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I'm sorry you're closing up, but I'm very excited for what the future holds for you guys. Good luck on your next adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for the closing of your shop, but congratulations on the new venture! I understand about having to step back from blogging life because of "life..." :) Sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do... Best wishes, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so curious to hear about your new venture! Hopefully you continue having lots of success selling what you have left, even if that means a little blog break.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot believe that you guys are closing up shop but I am excited to hear about what the future holds for the both of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW... new roads ahead! I want to hear more about what your future looks like :)
    Good luck on all the things involved in closing up

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Huge news! I'm excited to hear about what's next for you. And I'm afraid to look at your link because I'll want and want and want. I like pretty things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, this seems happy and sad - does that sound right?!? I'm excited for your new adventures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry to hear that you're closing but cheers to new adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Exciting times! I can't wait to hear about your new adventure. Good luck surviving the next few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you guys have great adventures ahead of you. Crazy times when things are changing and busy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear that you are closing, but excited to hear about your new venture!!! Best wishes in the next few months!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I'm excited to hear about what your new venture will be!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How exciting!! Can't wait to hear what your next adventure is!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm quite excited to hear what's to come, I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my goodness!!! you're closing down! i wish i could have visited the store next year but i probably wouldn't have been ale to afford anything anyway haha but i can't wait to hear what's next!
    i've been busy today and KC went to bed and i was like i have to stay up and read blogs and he just said wtf. haha! men ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, big news! No wonder you've been busy. Whatever is new with me is nowhere near that exciting. Good luck with your new venture!

    Jan gets annoyed when I photograph food for my blog. He just doesn't get it! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't wait to see what you guys have planned next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. How exciting and good luck in your new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow! What a big life change and I can't wait to see what's next for you! Good luck getting through the next few busy months. Thanks for taking the time to link up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't wait to see what your new venture is going to be, and that's great that you've gotten such a great response from your closing sale! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow! I had no idea that's what you did outside of blog world ;) Can't wait to hear about what your new adventure will be!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Bittersweet but exciting opportunity for a new adventure, I hope? And of course, we understand :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. i missed this because i'm a shitty friend who hardly ever reads bloggies. hell i barely write on my own, really. for SHAME.

    this is sad news. i'm sorry to hear of it. if i had the money, i'd buy all the pretties. ALL. THE. PRETTIES.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I enjoy our interactions. I respond via email, but if you're a "no reply blogger", I can't. Don't think I'm ignoring you!