Thursday, March 2, 2017

Currently...linking up vol.11


Starting..... a new job on Monday. 

Thinking..... I probably won't talk about work/job stuff here on the blog.  I did before because we owned the business, but now I will be working for a company and just feel like that should remain separate to my blog life.

Celebrating..... that I have a job.

Mourning..... my mini vacation from employment.  I had two full months off from working.  I didn't get nearly as much accomplished around the house that I intended to do. 

Recuperating..... I have been sick on & off throughout January and February ... stupid mono/glandular fever ... who gets this at my age?!  Then, this week, a stomach bug hit me.  I lost 4 pounds, but that's not the way I would choose to lose weight.  (I'm sure I'll gain it back as soon as I eat something.)

Feeling.....  the temptation to watch Real Housewives of Sydney.  I gave up watching all RH series years ago.  I used to watch OC, NY, NJ regularly and dabbled with (as in, I think I've seen one episode of each) ATL, BH, and Melbourne...but somewhere along the way, they lost me.  The Sydney installment has hit the airwaves this week (I think), and the marketing machine is pushing it hard.  I'm tempted.  I might watch one episode then say "nope, not for me" like I did others.  I do not fault anyone for watching these.  Watch what you want.  I don't judge.

Watching.....  Big Little Lies.  So, if you know me, you know I'm not much of a TV gal, but I'm making an effort with Big Little Lies.  Don't worry.  No spoilers from me.  I commented to Kerri how intense and twisted Celeste & Perry's (Nicole Kidman & Alexander Skarsgard) relatationship is? I seriously couldn’t watch the “make up” scene in the closet because I was so disturbed. AND, I’ve read the book, so I know all about the relationship! I think that means that they are acting the shit out of those roles. 

Sharing.....  this post of mine from earlier this week because I don't want any book lovin' bloggers to miss out!  (psssst:  free books!)

Encouraging.....  you to participate in "twelve things to celebrate in march: a scavenger hunt" by quirky pickings; you don't have to do all the things, you don't have to do them in order or on the exact date listed, just do something fun/different/creative that often involves putting a little good out there in the world.

Linking..... with Kristen and Gretchen:
What's New With You

Linking..... with  Kristin:

26 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new job!! I'm with you in keeping a separation between work and personal life. Too many people bring those together and I think it becomes murky waters. I just started Big Little Lies (I've read the book too) and need to watch episode 2. I've been waiting to see how the Celeste/Perry thing is going to play out and from the sounds of what you're saying, it's going to be worth seeing the acting. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo, congratulations on the new job!

    I don't like to talk about work on my blog (except in the vaguest terms). If any of my colleagues came across my blog it would be so obvious it's me and I don't need them seeing posts about the company (or worse, about them!). Also, I don't need any strangers guessing where I actually work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im interested in watching Big Little Lies but haven't gotten to it yet! Congrats on the new job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its a good idea to not mention your company by name (I don't- but I do share what I do), congrats on the new job though, super exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! Congrats on the new job! I always am dying to talk about work stuff on the blog but it's just not worth it. Saying the wrong thing on Social Media can really cost you anymore. Mini vacations from working are actually blessings in disguise. Having been through lay offs I have learned to really treasure those times as you never know when they will happen again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the job!! I hope you love it!
    Every once in a while I get home from work and want some reality TV. RH is always on so I just flip to an episode for a while. I don't know any of the women. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. seriously you know how i feel about big little lies. GOOD LORD. and seriously congrats on the new job!! it's bittersweet right? and i don't talk about work AT ALL on my blog bc well, employers read that stuff and no one needs to tie that in. all people know (maybe?) is that i'm in marketing. enough said :) enjoy your weekend pre job!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never watched a real housewives show, I can't believe how many there are now! I just bought BLL and I want to watch the show.. I didn't realize it was "on demand" though. Ack. Nicole Kidman is such a great actress... really the cast of the show is so good! Looking into your book post! XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh congrats on the new job! That is so wonderful. I haven't seen Big Little Lies but it's on my watch list. I heard it was really really good. The book was great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's a RHofSydney? I didnt even know that.
    I lost 5 lbs with the stomach bug too... but gained 8... life sucks ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. congratulations on the job! i hope it's work you enjoy and a business whose people you can appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hooray new job!! That is very exciting. I do hope you feel better soon though, starting sick would be awful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats on the new job!! you're going to do great P:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your new job! That's fantastic news and I'm so happy for you. When I lost my job during the Great Recession, I planned to take a year off and didn't accomplish a darn thing. Time always goes by a lot faster than you realize! Your new place of employment is lucky to have you and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the job. I watch a bunch of the RH. I watch OC, Beverly Hills & NJ. Something about watching rich people fight entertains me.
    http://therantingsofadramaqueensmum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. what?! you got a new job?! congrats girl!! tell me all about it! if you want to haha.
    i'm not a housewives fan at all, but i'm always curious to look at the aussie ones like hey, i might know one of them. HAHA AS IF.
    I DID NOT KNOW ALEXANDER SKARSGARD WAS IN BIG LITTLE LIES. sorry for shouting haha i love him. i am waiting for it to be finished before i watch it, so i can watch all at once :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've only seen the first episode of Big Little Lies so far but I absolutely love the cast. I have horrible memory so even though I read the book I don't remember "who dun it" which makes it that much more interesting to watch! I DO remember that relationship though.

    You inspired me to offer up some of my books too! Congrats on the new job, and I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on the new job! Hope it's a great fit and you like the new work you'll be doing.

    Sorry to hear you've been sick. Ugh!

    I never watched a single moment of any Real Housewives franchise... until 2 weeks ago when something came over me and I binged the first 5 seasons of NJ. In my defense, it was another one of those things that was made way more interesting to me because it was set where I'm from. I recognized almost every single place they filmed at and I know who some of the housewives are through second or third degree connections, so it was fun. But then when the three new cast members joined in S6 they totally lost me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay, congrats on a new job! There is a Big Little Lies tv show? With Alexander Skarsgard? I'm so out of the loop these days. I seriously need to read that book. And then watch the TV show. I have never seen any Housewives shows, but I think if I started, I would find it hard to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on the new job! Awhoo hoo! You are lucky that you were able to take that time & do all the cool things you did for the past two months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on the job! Good luck on Monday :) Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on the new job!!! That is awesome!! We have only seen the first episode of Big Little Lies, but I read the book and if they follow it I will know what happens but it is interesting seeing the characters from a different view than I did reading the book.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on the new gig! What will you be doing? I don't blame you, I don't talk much about my work on my blog either. I'm a compartmentalizer. Just as I believe in the separation of church and state, I believe in the separation of work and personal life.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on the new job!! I hope the start goes well and that you enjoy what you're doing. What kind of work will you be doing? (Totally understand that you don't want to mention on the blog but I am overly curious about people's work & job hunting myself soon, haha). Glad you got a little break from work for a couple of months and enjoyed it :) I am so curious about Big Little Lies! I haven't watched it yet, but I definitely want to - I loved that book.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on the new job babe, that's wonderful.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I enjoy our interactions. I respond via email, but if you're a "no reply blogger", I can't. Don't think I'm ignoring you!