Wednesday, March 1, 2017

February scavenger hunt recap




Jenn has been hosting these scavenger hunts since December.  I participated in the first one (read about it here), enjoyed it, but skipped January.  I did an alright job completing the February tasks.  Alright, as in, I completed more than half but could've been a little more creative.  But, hey, I did something.  That's better than January's performance.

one. february fourth. thank a mailman day. take some treats to the folks at your local post office or shipping store.

how did I do?  FAILED - I have changed the local post office that I visit after using the same one for years (the one by my old work.)  I should've visited the previous post office to tell them that I missed them.

two. february eighth. kite flying day. go fly a kite. sounds simple enough... but the WIND...

how did I do? COMPLETED (sort of) - So, I didn't actually fly a kite.  But, as I was visiting a LuLaRoe online party, I saw these leggings with kites all over them.  I remembered that it was Kristen's birthday in February, and she and I had discussed that she hadn't tried LLR yet, so Kristen got kite leggings from me for her birthday!

three. february ninth. national pizza day. treat a friend to some pizza. and not the cheap shit. if there's a gino's east, say, in your neck of the woods... it's national pizza day, for crying out loud. PIZZA, a gift from the gods, yall. YUMMY YUMMY GOODNESS.

how did I do? COMPLETED - did you really think I was going to miss out on pizza day?



four. february eleventh. make a friend day. this sounds simple enough, too, right? for geeks like me, it's really, really not.

how did I do? COMPLETED (sort of) - I told y'all that I went to tapings of The Voice Australia, and I went by myself.  While I was there, I made friends with the people that sat next to me in the audience - Jason & Fiona, Yvette, Trish, Courtney - none of us shared contact details, but for that day, we were buddies.
five. february fourteenth. ferris wheel day. go ride a ferris wheel. this, too, sounds simple enough. except if you're scared of heights, then maybe not so much. show of hands... you can't see but both mine were raised pretty high just then.

how did I do?  FAILED - I did ride a ferris wheel in December, but, yeah, that doesn't count.

six. february fifteenth. singles awareness day. all the single ladies... and laddies. so this day started as sort of a joke, but... maybe you've got a single friend who's having a rough go of it lately. take time out of your day to do something to let that person know how much he or she is loved and needed.

how did I do?  COMPLETED - I told y'all about going to Twilight at Taronga and seeing an outdoor concert with my good friend, Kate.  Well, Kate is a single gal, and let me tell you, her woes of dating make me appreciative to have my guy.  I arrived at the show first.  What did I have waiting for Kate when she arrived?  A iced-down bucket of Coronas.  Nothing says "I love you, friend" like a bucket of beer and live music.

seven. february sixteenth. do a grouch a favor day. one could argue that this task could be tied to the previous one... NO. i don't care what you do or how you do it... but find the grouchiest soul you know and put a little light in that person's world. 


how did I do? COMPLETED - I didn't have to go far to find the grouchiest person that I know; he lives with me.  My father-in-law is the king of grouchiness and grumpiness.  And, let me tell you, it's not in an endearing way.  So, this was a tough one because we already do a lot for this man with no gratitude in return.  He has no hobbies.  His only interests are the History Channel and Discovery Channel.  In the past, to be thoughtful, I've bought DVD series from that I thought he'd enjoy from these channels.  Nope.  He can't figure out how to use the DVD player and doesn't want to learn.  Anyways.......this isn't about me venting about his grouchiness.  The one and only thing that I've done for him in the past that I ever remember him showing any genuine appreciation for was filling his car up with gas.  So, I did it again.  And, again, he actually thanked me.


Want to read how Jenn did?  She completed all her tasks.

Which task of these would be the most difficult for you to tackle?  Or which is the easiest?  Why not try to do one of them in March?

5 comments:

  1. cough cough since november cough cough. but who's counting?

    i'll give you the kite flying one. there were kites, and they were flying.

    i love what you did for your father in law. a full tank of gas is a beautiful thing. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got a "thank you" out of your father-in-law :)
    And you are so damn sweet and generous with your LLR leggings!! I freakin' LOVE wearing mine around the house :) They're a constant reminder to me to pay it forward whenever and however I can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah this list is rad! omg the pizza one would have been done immediately lol. and the last one - so cute! more power to you for living together too - give you props!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i say the kite one totally counts, they flew to me and you're the sweetest person in the entire world.
    wow, your father in law is grouchy. and you are so nice and kind to fill his gas, thank goodness he at least said thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I enjoy our interactions. I respond via email, but if you're a "no reply blogger", I can't. Don't think I'm ignoring you!