Today is the 21st of the month, so let's learn 21 random (mostly frivolous) facts about me:
1. I love naps. I can sleep anywhere, anytime.
2. I had problems with my right ankle all throughout high school. I sprained it, stretched and tore ligaments, and fractured it. To this day, my left calf is higher/stronger than my right calf because it had to overcompensate for the right leg injuries. I'm not making it up. A doctor actually told me this.
2a. Taking a picture of your own calves is not an easy task. I swear that the differential between my calves is more obvious than this picture shows. Or, now, I'm asking myself "am I just being a weird girl and noticing things about my body parts that no one else notices or cares about?"
3. When I was a kid, I used to wish that my name was Savannah. I've actually never met anyone named Savannah.
I'm having a difficult time coming up with random "new" things...things that I haven't already shared in this space before, so I'm going to repeat myself here and there.
4. I have been a Bon Jovi fan since 1984. I saw them in concert on the "Slippery When Wet" tour when I was in 8th grade. I have seen them in the ballpark of 15 times. (see next random fact about me) I call Jon Bon Jovi "the love of my life", and I have no shame.
5. I have a vivid memory about some things, and other times, my memory is horrible. For instance, I'm pretty terrible about remembering when/where/how many times I've seen certain bands in concert that I know I've seen multiple times.
6. I love all things cheese and all things potato.
7. I've watched 5 episodes of Big Little Lies. This is the most I've watched of a dramatic series since Dexter. Yep, I'm a little behind the times when it comes to television.
8. Even though I don't watch that much tv, or that many nominated movies, or listen to that much current music, I still really enjoy watch awards shows like the Emmys, the Golden Globes, the Oscars, and the Grammys.
9. I have 12 tattoos and a wish list for more.
10. Prior to my current situation, I'd always had full bred dogs from breeders. Now, I have 5 adopted fur babies who are nowhere near full breeds.
12. I adopted this as sort of a life motto after seeing it on pinterest a few years back:
14. I don't like olives or any of these other foods.
15. I used to think I was a guy's gal. I had a lot of male friends. I'd been accused of "thinking like a guy". Now, I find myself much more in tune with being a woman, supporting other women, and cherishing my female friends.
16. I'm a rocker chick at heart, and many of you know this. When my 9 year old stepkid just handed me his ipod and asked me to put "Monster" by Skillet on it, my rocker heart was very happy. AC/DC is his favorite band. No, this isn't a random, frivolous fact about me...but it was still a fun fact to share.
18. I was born feet first.
19. I pretty much like cherry-flavored anything. Cherry Coke. Cherry candies (Starburst and Jolly Ranchers.) Jim Beam Black Cherry. Cherry Pop Tarts. Cherry pie. Cherry cough syrup. Give me all the cherries...fake or real.
20. I took dance from the ages of 4 to 10, and I was on an organized dance/drill team in junior high, high school, and 2 years in college. I still remember choreography from random dances to the likes of Billy Idol's Mony, Mony, Whitney Houston's I Wanna Dance With Somebody, Sinead O'Connor's Nothing Compares to You, Johnny Gill's Rub You the Right Way, Van Halen's You Really Got Me...and more...
21. I've never drank a cup of coffee. Oh, I've had a couple of sips of one. Multiple times to see if my taste buds have changed, but they haven't. I don't like the taste of coffee anything. Not even coffee ice cream or tiramisu.
Did you learn anything new about me? Tell me one random, frivolous thing about you that you don't think I know...