Friday, August 21, 2015

Literary Ladies Book Challenge Update Number 2

When Kristen announced she was joining Kari & Krystal for the literary ladies book club AND there's a challenge, well, I couldn't pass it up.  Two months down.  Previously, I read six books in the first month.  How did I do this month?

http://www.thekaytimes.com/2015/06/literary-ladies.html

Here's the categories and my list:

1. A YA book - The Paris Mysteries: Confessions #3 by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro - The original book I selected (Wintergirls), my library has "on order".  I'd read the previous two in this series, so I grabbed this one for the substitute.

4. A book that has been on your TBR list for a year or more - Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

5. A book with a kickass female character - Still Alice by Lisa Genova

7. A book written by a comedian or celebrity – or even a memoir if neither of those are your jam. - Dirty Rocker Boys by Bobbie Brown - Admittedly, she's about the lowest celebrity level there is, but a celebrity memoir nonetheless.


Woo hoo!  Go me!  I finished!  Did anyone elseLet's check out the link-up and see!



13 comments:

  1. Whoo Hoo you're done!!! Thats better than I did- I still have two to go and my job seems to not want me reading since its taking up all my free time boo! I wanna read Middlesex by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay congrats girl! hope you win the wildcard prize ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Congratulations on finishing, early too! I've been about even during each month. Looking forward to finishing this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does she even make the B celeb list? Still might be interesting to see what she has to say about rocker boys for the 80's/90's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go!! I so want to read Bobbie Brown's book. I would imagine it's an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's talking about celebs so I say she's in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh super awesome. I have 4 left! Considering last year I read 3 books total (pathetic!) I am feeling good about it. ;) XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on finishing! I have two left and I'm hoping to get to them very soon.

    And LOL on your Bobbi Brown comment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome sauce on finishing! I have two more to go. I just got Still Alice so I want to read it too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on finishing! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are really doing great with your challenges! I need to catch up with mine, I am so behind. Need to make more time to read. Did buy a bunch though. Just finished Extraordinary Means yesterday which I liked a lot, it is a YA novel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on finishing! I still have 2 more to go. I know I can finish them before the challenge ends, but my reading priorities keep getting shifted. #libraryproblems

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on finishing!!

    How was Middlesex? I've had my eye on it for months now but haven't picked it up yet.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I enjoy our interactions. I respond via email, but if you're a "no reply blogger", I can't. Don't think I'm ignoring you!